Thursday, February 27, 2014

Get To Know Your Writing Resources

This semester, for the first time ever, the Writing Center is hosting a series of workshops on writing and grammar for all AU students. On March 5, the first workshop, Get To Know Your Writing Resources, will be held in the Training and Events Room on the first floor of Bender Library from 12-2 PM.

Ever wondered:
Is there anyone who can help me figure out this assignment? 
What does the Writing Center do exactly? 
What is the difference between AU's Writing Center and Writing Lab? 
Who do I ask if I can't find a source for my research paper? 
English is my third language -- where can I go for tricky grammar questions? 

If any of those questions sound familiar, this workshop is for you!

Representatives from five different campus writing resources will be there to tell you about what they do and how to get the most out of the services they offer! All AU students are welcome and SNACKS will be provided.

We will be hosting more workshops as the semester goes on. Shortly after spring break, we'll hold our Plurals and Articles workshop which will answer questions such as:

Why can I saw "a research study" but not "a research?"
Why can you give me "pieces of advice" but not "advices"
Why are English articles -- a, an, and the -- so hard to learn?

We will announce the time and place of that workshop closer to the date.

Hope to see you at the workshops!

No comments:

Post a Comment